The questions you will not be asked Monday afternoon are:
May 2017 First Year Paper:
May 2018 First Year Paper:
This means that a question on each of the areas of the first year spec has been asked. What this means (and following the pattern of the previous two A2 exams) is that there could be two questions on AS and two on A2. This means that the same topic might be asked again, just not the question areas already asked above. I have a feeling you may get asked three Q from A2 because there are so many question areas that could be asked from the second year and the AS has been covered quite efficiently over the last two AS exams.
Difficult to predict this one, so based on my gut feeling (the main thing my gut has been doing over the past few weeks of exams is flip flops!) I think the Q areas are going to be:
- Pluralism and Theology – worded around exclusivism
- Gender – worded around the church’s teachings/ traditional views/ where it fits into today’s society
- Secularization – faith/ scripture so you could link in natural and revealed and moral principles from AS
- Person of Jesus – liberator or divine vs human.
I think because the two topics within Pluralism and the two topics within Gender overlap and are very similar ( in that you could easily interchange the information between them) therefore I think any questions on these areas will be quite open (potentially quite vague, hopefully not too obscure like the Philosophy questions).
- Make sure you know Ephesians, Acts and Mulieris Dignitatem.
- Be prepared that the questions might be quite open. Remember that a lot of these topics link together, so it is about answering the question in the most efficient way which could include different texts, names and elements from a range of topics.
Note: You need to revise all areas. These predictions could be completely wrong, so you do not want to be caught out in your last exam.
This is your last opportunity to shine and show the examiners what you have learnt!!