Please find power point for first half of Gender and Theology. What a topic!! After a week of going round in circles with Mary Daly (I have never come across this lady nor experienced anything like this) I finally got fingers to keyboard and then 22 slides later realize that Rosemary Radford Ruether hasn’t even made an appearance. Result…two power points.
Second power point on Rosemary Radford Ruether:
Preview of Lesson Plan
Discuss in pairs/ groups strengths and weaknesses (A02) of:
- The patriarchal understanding of Christianity is mistaken and that a better, truer, non-sexist interpretation can be found
- Christianity needs reinterpreting without the patriarchal elements, cleansed of their distorting influences
- Christianity is intrinsically sexist and so flawed it should be discarded with all its sexist practices and beliefs.
Write down answers on worksheet table. Share views as a class
Continuing with worksheet, students to research and make notes on:
- The background of Mary Daly and Rosemary Radford Ruether
- What is Feminist Theology?
- Find three further Christian Feminist Theologians – who are they and what do they argue?
PP: Slide 6 – students use phones to find biblical passages to support sexism, racism and classism – share as a class
PP: Slide 5. Work through questions linked with quote. Discuss answers in pairs/ groups then share as a class.
Share answers as a class
If you would like your own copy of the power point, just click on the image below to add it to your shopping cart.
If you would like a Lesson Pack with activities and worksheets, that complements the power point, please click on the image below:
Check out these Revision Podcast Previews:
To continue watching this revision podcast and have access to all 30 revision podcasts, Mark with Me’s and Top Tips videos then join I Think Therefore I Teach’s exclusive membership on the Home page.
This 55 page pack contains quizzes, glossaries and possible exam questions to help structure your revision for all six of the A2 Christian Thought topics. It also provides space for notes and outlines the spec requirements. Everything you need to get your revision off to a flying start!
How to write a gender essay:
Some of my students have set up a Philosophy Podcast: PhilosoCast to discuss topical questions. This one discusses “If women ran society would there be less war and genocide?